Friday, February 13, 2009

Recovery

From the hospital, we went to the CVS where Mike waited for my Rx's as I called my friend Lauryn, who just so happens to work upstairs. Unfortunately, she was out of the office. I realized that Mike had taken a pic on my phone and emailed it out to A, Casey, Shaka and Adam G to let them know I survived. I responded to emails for a while, Mike got the goods, then we went to pick up pineapple juice and frozen peas. I dozed off in the car and found myself feeling just fine when we got home. Mike also bought me Dippin Dots, root beer, Quik and multiple red flavors of Jello. I'm the luckiest girl ever.

The day was spent with peas on my face and me having a hard time opening my mouth. I didn't sleep much at all and felt pretty good with the exception that my mouth. Clearly, the anesthesia hadn't worn off. I was nervous that I lost all feeling in my lower lip and tongue, but that wore off eventually as well. I received two deliveries of flowers from Mike's aunt and uncle. They're spectacular.


They also sent me frozen hot chocolate mix from Serendipity. Divine, although I haven't eaten it yet. Mike made the most amazing mashed potatoes ever, but I have joker mouth (the corners are super cracked) and it's more difficult to eat because of that then because my jaw hurts. I've also have a renewed love for pudding. I'm mortified that I'm going to break my dissolvable stitches, particularly from my evil tooth because it was so far back onto the roof of my mouth, my tongue naturally lays there (as opposed to obsessively touching it, as you would think - I'm doing pretty good with that).

My pain killers are good for just that, killing the pain, and making me fall asleep if I put my mind to it. I really thought I'd be in lala land somewhere. I've been more lucid than I usually am in my typical daily life. I've only taken 3 so far. Because I took a sweet nap after my first oxycodone, I couldn't fall asleep until 2 last night. 

Then I was up at 7am. I ate more mashed potatoes, which hurt. Again, because of the joker mouth. All the Vaseline in the world isn't making it any better either. I could actually feel where my teeth were gone and my stitches were throbbing. I took my antibiotics and another pain killer, grabbed more frozen peas and slept another 3 hours. The rest of my day was spent swollen (one side is more swollen than the other), talking to my parents, writing and not wearing pants. Mike came home with a new toothbrush for me and we took a nap which involved him holding a pack of peas on my face. I woke up in more pain but held out until I had to take my next round of antibiotics before taking another pain killer. Shaka and his bro came by to borrow my car and made me laugh, which hurts. Mike went to work to oversee the first night of DJ action at the space (there's a big anti-Valentine's Day party tomorrow on top of that) and I watched 3 episodes of Freaks and Geeks, an episode of Confessions of a Call Girl (love sexy Rose! that's a Dr Who reference for those of you who don't know) and catching up on this. 

Holding out one more hour before my next round of pills...

No comments: