Friday, February 13, 2009

Adios Teeth

My final solid, chewable meal was a turkey burger with mozzarella and sweet potato fries at Trident. Mike bought me a bunch of magazines and Freaks and Geeks upon Jeannie's recommendation. A few days ago, he stocked the fridge and cabinets with polenta, mashed potatoes, pastina, pudding, lots of Odwalla drinks (Protein Monster!) and ice cream. I was kinda peeved that he bought organic ice cream from Whole Foods, not Ben & Jerry's (mint chocolate cookie, to be exact). He's been awesome.

The morning of the surgery, I woke up from a strange dream where I decided to drink some 7-Up and therefore fucked up my chances of being sedated for surgery. But I really, really had to have 7-Up. Couldn't tell you the last time I even saw a 7-Up. Does it even exist anymore? Also dreamt that Mike gave me a ring before surgery, only it was a ring with a giant cuckoo clock on it. Wonder what that means (a bit expectant, no)? 

When I went by the store to say ciao to the gang, Casey handed off this silly headband that found its way into my car that I had given her last week when she was on her death bed. It's now our official miracle worker that will continue to be passed amongst us to make things better. By the way, it's black and silver lame and pretty awful.

Then I brushed my teeth for the last time. Oh evil tooth, how I will not miss you. 


No comments: