Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inlay, Overlay, Onlay, Ondele

I spent the rest of that fateful afternoon in another dentists' chair. The Novocain made it feel like I had Pop Rocks on the tip of my tongue. I currently have a temporary onlay that looks like I have a piece of gum stuck on my back molar. It bothered me for the entire weekend. The permanent onlay will hopefully be ready by the end of this week when I go back to see the handsome dentist for a 3rd week in a row.

Last week, I went back to have some sealants fixed on the opposite side (my left). Maybe I had my mouth opened too wide, maybe it was the heavy shots of Novocain or maybe it was simply the fact there were 2 sets of hands and multiple drills in my mouth but dammit my jaw killed for a good 24 hours after the Novocain wore out. I also fell asleep several times in the hour I waited before they got to me. I really don't know how I'm going to handle all this impending dental work.

No comments: