Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trying To Make A Claim

I have yet to do this, but my shitty insurance got switched back to the original "no premium, here's your dental insurance back because your poor" plan. So I'm going to send in the claim from when I got my teeth pulled. Worth a shot. If it doesn't happen, I'm dropping their asses because I'm finally back to my "domestic partner" status on Mike's insurance. 

Even if it does happen, I don't want anything to do with an insurance company that sends me a bar of dark chocolate in the mail as a thank you. Why? Because "small amounts of dark chocolate are good for you..." and yeah, small amounts of dark chocolate can also be lethal when your ding dong dog and cat eat them. I ate half and absent-mindedly left it on the coffee table only to find the empty wrapper on the floor yesterday afternoon. 

Oh, don't worry, they're fine. I did take Hugo, our dog, to the vet to get his vitals checked because I'm completely neurotic and needed peace/piece of mind. I should submit his bill to my insurance company too. But still, I would blame Network Health if anything were to happen. Luckily Hugo's run-in with rat poison that nearly killed him when he was a puppy (and helped ruin my 21st bday) has given him an iron stomach for the most part.

No comments: