Saturday, May 16, 2009

21 1/2 Months To Go

I'm getting better about the serious amount of metal in my mouth. It still hurts like balls but my third tightening this past week wasn't so so bad. I still have no clue what's going on when they do tighten and don't really feel like getting into the conversation with my ortho. 

At the last tightening, she put in a new spring to continue to push closed my top gap to help space out my fronts. It's pretty incredible to see how much the bottom is closing in given that it's only been 2.5 months. I'm told that I'm a good brusher, but I'm sure my new hobby (dental hygiene) is a lot more boring than typical ortho patients of the under 16 crowd. Speaking of orthodontic demographics, it was the over 40 crowd when I stopped in for my tightening. All I could think is 1. good for you 2. at least I'm not the oldest and 3. I will never again get braces.

No comments: