Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Still Can't Eat Sandwiches

Today I was on a boat to watch a big sailboat race thanks to the hospitality of Puma. It was sorta a big deal. Anyway, what started out to be a beautiful day ended in the city of Boston being enveloped in fog. 

The lovely little boat that we were on had boxed lunches so I dug into a turkey sandwich. I got super psyched because I thought, "This is it! This is going to be the first time I eat a sandwich like a normal person in 3 months!". My editor and creative director from Stuff Magazine were with me, as well as my Puma PR friend and about 8 other people, so I didn't want to look like a weirdo. Yeah no. Didn't happen. Tried it. Barely bit down. Couldn't do it. Had to tear it up. Well worth it though, as was the delicious brownie. 

We were in NYC two weekends ago and my friend Josh ended up cutting my pizza for me at one point. I'm a frigging mess otherwise. All I want to do is effing bite my food, dammit. Will it ever happen?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very funny! I like the topic. I am always curious how do people eat sandwich and pizza wearing braces. I haven't! because I am Asian and Asian food are in general softer since most of the food are cooked. But still, eating rice and noodles are a pain. Noodles are just gonna go through whatever possible way around those metals....damn braces!