Friday, January 16, 2009

Bangin'

Totally unrelated to braces - FINALLY got my hair did today. I seriously had a good 2" of roots. So I went a bit more "honey" and got bangs. Had to do something with the fivehead and was looking for something different. May have went end of September/early October the last time I got my hair done. The response has been beyond belief and yes, that is Ghostface serving pancakes in the background. It's possibly the most appropriate hip hop poster to have in your kitchen, thank you very much. I mean, the man's in a Versace robe. What more can you ask for?! 

Besides the fact that my nose looks HUGE, I'm digging it. As is Mike, which is pretty important. As well as my friends, who are now referring to me as "New Bangs" so I might change my site New Brahmin to that. At least momentarily. Mike says this is the second best haircut ever (in the past 6 years) - my license being the best cut ever (totally cute, but I think this one takes it to a different level). 

Anyway - about 3 1/2 weeks until surgery. Mike is planning on stocking up on soup from Persephone (I'm requesting the amazing butternut squash sans seeds), ice cream (mint oreo, preferably), Odwalla protein drinks and pastina. So basically, my diet + ice cream on the regular. 

Our 1 year anniversary of the Achilles Project is the day after my surgery (no clue if we're doing anything for that), but just learned of some details for V-Day, which I'm surely not participating in since I'll be swollen in the face. But so far I have C and JV coming over to watch movies and feed me ice cream, and I only hope that A will come too. I'm a lucky girl!

P.S. Anyone who clicks on the Ghostface link, I chose that just because of the blogs name.

No comments: